Cherokee County 4-H Youth Pumpkin Painting Contest
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Cherokee County 4-H is hosting a Youth Pumpkin Painting/Decorating Contest to be judged at the Cherokee County Fair on October 14. The contest entry opens August 31, at 8:00 a.m. and the deadline to enter the contest through Eventbrite is 8:00 p.m. on October 10, 2023.
- Contestants must use freshly grown pumpkins or gourds, NO artificial pumpkins or gourds allowed as the main entry.
- Pumpkins must be a representative of something agricultural (animals, farm equipment, an agricultural scene).
- Paint, draw, decorate, or attach things to your pumpkin – but no carving. Carved pumpkins attract bugs, rot, and smell. No carved pumpkins will be accepted. Youth may use any medium you want to decorate your pumpkin except carving.
- Youth can enter as a team but the team will only win one prize and if a younger youth enters with a youth in an older age category the entry will be judged with the older age category.
- You can add extra stuff to your entry, like a pig pen for a pig pumpkin.
IMPORTANT ENTRY INFORMATION:
- You must turn in all pumpkin entries on October 14th at the Cherokee County Fair by 11:00 a.m. to the N.C. Cooperative Extension/Cherokee County 4-H Booth. Early entries will be accepted at the same location by 6:00 p.m. on Friday, October 13.
- Make arrangements to pick up entries by 6:00 p.m., on October 14, at the same location.
- Last day to enter the contest is October 10th through the online registration form on Eventbrite.
- Every entry will receive a 10% off coupon for pumpkins, gourds, or winter squash from Peachtree Produce, in Murphy, good through October 13. (This is why you must include your name, address, and phone number on entry.)
Prizes will be given for each age category. Monetary prizes along with ribbons will be given to 1st through 3rd places (amounts to be determined depending on sponsorships received). A grand champion and reserve champion ribbon will be given to the best of show for ages 8-18.
Thank you to Wilson Building Supply of Murphy, Wendy Henson with EXIT Reality of Murphy, and The Poltrock Team of Murphy for donating to the prizes for the contest. If your business would like to help sponsor the contest please contact Shannon Coleman.
- 3-4 years old
- 5-7 years old
- 8-12 years old
- 13-14 years old
- 15-18 years old
- Special needs: 19 and Up(Group homes can enter as a team home)
For more information about Cherokee County 4-H Clubs or 4-H contest like the Pumpkin Painting Contest in Cherokee County, contact Shannon Coleman, at email@example.com or call, 828-837-2210 ext. 4.