Enroll or Re-Enroll Now in 4-H for 2023
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
North Carolina 4-H utilizes an enrollment system for all new and existing 4-H members and volunteers. The online enrollment system is called 4-HOnline. If you created a new family profile in the 4-HOnline system during the 2022 program year – or – if you re-enrolled from a previous year – it is now time to update that record for the new 2023 – 2024 programmatic year.
The 4-H Online system is open for enrollment and re-enrollment so log into your account today! If have trouble logging in then please contact Shannon Coleman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828)837-2210 ext. 4 for help.
If you have never created a family profile in the 4-HOnline system during and you would like to participate in North Carolina 4-H this year we ask that you take a few minutes and create your account. The information in this article provides guidance on the 4-HOnline enrollment / re-enrollment process (See the section below for Families who do not have an existing 4-HOnline account). If you need further assistance you can use this 4-H Online Resource page to assist you or call Shannon Coleman, at 828-837-2210 ext. 4.
Please note that effective January 1, 2022, only youth members and 4-H volunteers who are enrolled in 4-HOnline will be considered active members and / or certified 4-H volunteers. *4-HOnline enrollment is on-going. *Active status will be required for individuals to participate in 4-H member activities, events, programs, 4-H trips as well as for participation as a 4-H volunteer leader. NC 4-H operates on a calendar year and as such enrollment begins annually on Jan. 1st
For families with an existing 4-HOnline account. Login to your family profile, review and update youth member/volunteer information as needed. The system will walk you through each of the required sections. Note: Some sections of the application must be completed annually while others just ask that you review areas for any needed changes. When you have updated all of the information click “Enroll for 2023-2024” Your membership status will be updated and sent to your local 4-H office for approval. Youth profiles should take approximately 10 – 15 minutes to update and submit. Volunteer profiles will take 20 – 25 minutes which includes the annual required training video. Click below to access to the 4-HOnline system and a link to a “tip sheet” for the re-enrollment process.
For families who do NOT have an existing 4HOnline account. Please take a few minutes to create a family profile in the 4-HOnline system. Once the family profile is set up you will then add individual youth and/or volunteer members to your
family account. Here’s the link to the 4-HOnline system and an easy to use “tip sheet” entitled – “Setting Up A NEW Family Profile in 4-HOnline” which will walk you through the initial sets of setting up an account. Creating a new family profile
should only take a few minutes. Youth profiles should take approximately 10 – 15 minutes. Volunteer profiles will take 20-25 minutes which includes the annual required training video. Volunteers do not have to complete the medical information however it is suggested to fill out any allergies or medical conditions that might affect emergency treatment. Click below to access to the 4-H Online system and a link to a tip sheet” for the enrollment process.
- NC 4-H Online Enrollment System
- 4-H Family Enrollment Packet **Note: If you start the enrollment process for the 1st time and the system gives you a notification that reads – “This email address is already in use” – please stop and contact your 4-H agent.
If you receive the notice above – your 4-H record has been started in the system and we ask that you contact your 4-H agent for your temporary password. When you have your temporary password, go to the nc.4honline.com website and enter your email address, temporary password, leave the role as family and click “Login”. Click the orange “Continue to Family” button. Login to the family, review and update youth member/volunteer information, and then click “Enroll for 2023-2024.” Your membership will be updated and sent to your local 4-H office for approval.
Important Information to Note:
- All member and volunteer information must be entered into the 4-HOnline system for ACTIVE status to be granted.
- Families who do not have access to the internet and / or access to an email account (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) may use the paper enrollment forms. Please Note: The local 4-H program will manually add these paper enrollment forms directly into the 4-HOnline system (re: University Protocol and Guidelines).
- Paper enrollment forms will not be official until entered into 4-HOnline and given ACTIVE status.
- You should only create one (1) family profile per household.
- Be sure to write down the e-mail address and password and keep in a secure place.
- If you have a youth member who participates in more than one county 4-H program (for example – a youth may participate their local 4-H program and a neighboring county specialized program like livestock, etc.) please register your family profile in the county you deem primary. Your 4-H agent will be able to add a 2nd county to your profile.
- PLEASE – DO NOT SET UP MORE THAN 1 FAMILY PROFILE. If you need support with this process please don’t hesitate to contact your local 4-H office.
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension’s 4-H Youth Development program and 4-HOnline work closely to monitor and ensure the highest level of protection for information stored on the system. The 4-HOnline system was vetted by the UNC system and meets all Information Safety Policy requirements.
Please contact Shannon Coleman, 4-H Youth Development, Extension Agent, for questions regarding 4-H in Cherokee County. Email email@example.com or call (828)837-2210 ext. 4.