Virtual 4-H Volunteer Conference
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
4-H Volunteers: Lighting the Way
A Virtual 4-H Volunteer Conference
September 24-September 26, 2020: Coming to You Wherever You Are
September 24–26, we will offer a virtual content in a variety of formats. In most instances, virtual content is offered in the schedule of the content for interaction with participants. Each session, though, is recorded and is available for through the end of November. Keep in mind that your registration level carries with your access to content. If your registration level had access to the session on the schedule then you will also have access to the recorded content. Virtual content includes:
- Bright Light sessions are our general sessions and open to all participants. Sessions include speakers, engagement, and programmatic announcements and features. Session virtual meeting spaces will open at least 15 minutes prior to the session and will last about an hour. Be prepared to be inspired, be engaged, and possibly receive gifts in our give aways. Look for bright lights at 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
- Sunbeam sessions are our workshop sessions. Open to all participants, there are choices of several tracks for participants to join. Our tracks offer the opportunity for focused training in an area or topic. Participants have the option to join a track in its entirety or to attend one session (or more). Sessions will last about an hour with time for questions and answers included in the hour. Presenters have the ability to share handouts, resources, and slide decks in the platform. Sunbeams are offered Friday at 3 p.m. and Saturday at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
- Shooting Star sessions are our virtual chats open to all participants. Offered between sessions for about 30 minutes, shooting stars are informal conversations in breakout rooms. While some shooting stars may have topics as options to join, the intent in all shooting stars is that participants are able to drop in to chat and share together. Shooting Stars are Saturday at 2:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- Light Up sessions are create and connect sessions. Session offerings may include team building activities or crafts that are replicable with a variety of audiences. Presenters will share through the virtual platform any needs to create the craft or activity along with the presenter. Light Ups are offered Thursday night at 8:15 p.m. for lamplight and spotlight participants and Friday night at 8:15 p.m. for all participants.
- Sparkler sessions are extra highlights especially for our lamplight and spotlight registered participants Sparklers vary and are generally 30-35 minutes in length and are generally around a mealtime with the option for participants to enjoy their meal with the feature. Sparklers for both lamp and spotlight registered participants include a curricula exploration Thursday at 5 p.m., and cooking together on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. Spotlight participants have additional sparklers including an engaging speaker Friday at 5 p.m., connecting at noon with our speaker, and engaging in a special activity at 5 p.m.
Learn more or register: 4-H Volunteer Leaders Conference of Southern States