HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR LICENSE.
Who qualifies for grandfathering?
The law provides that any person who met the following criteria by December 31, 2014 may obtain a Landscape Contractors’ License under the grandfather section of this law;
- Registered Landscape Contractor; or
- Licensed Irrigation Contractor; or
- Certified Turf Professional; or
- Individual who has three years of documented landscape contracting experience.
The grandfathering deadline is August 1, 2015 for all who qualify.
So, what should you do now?
If you qualify under the grandfather provision of the statute, SUBMIT TODAY!:
– applications (forms GF001 or GF002, and CL001 if your business is not a sole-proprietorship),
– fees, and
– surety bond (form SB01 or irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution in the amount of $10,000).
By law, all grandfather applications must me in the NCLCLB office by August 1, 2015.
If you are a current Registered Landscape Contractor, Licensed Irrigation Contractor, or Certified Turf Professional:
If you are an individual who has three years of documented landscape contracting experience by December 31, 2014:
If your business is not a sole-proprietorship but is a corporation, partnership, Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) or other business entity, you are required to have a corporate license (Form CL001) in addition to an individual license.
SURETY BOND FOR INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES: